Sign in or
Huawei D100, D100T
left picture:Huawei D100; right picture: Huawei D100T (different housing design, but identical internals)
|model:||D100 / D100T (plate-shaped housing)|
|3G integrated:||- (external Huawei USB-modem required)|
|GSM frequency bands:||-|
|UMTS frequency bands:||-|
|connector for ext. antenna:||-|
|internal antenna diversity:||-|
|WiFi antenna:||2 internal antennas|
|connector for ext. WiFi ant.:||-|
|LAN:||1 x RJ45 (10/100 MBit/s)|
|power supply:||DC 12V 500mA|
|rebranded versions:|| |
A more comprehensive data sheet with more detailed specifications can be downloaded here.
- Huawei E156, E156G
- Huawei E160, E160G, E160E, E160X, K3565(-H)
- Huawei E169, E169G, E169V, K3520
- Huawei E170
- Huawei E172
- Huawei E176 / T-Mobile web'n'walk Stick IV
- Huawei E1762 / BILDmobil Speedstick
- Huawei E220
- Huawei E270
- Huawei E272
- Huawei K3715
- Huawei E1750
- Huawei E122
- Huawei E1550
- Huawei E180
- presumably all other recent Huawei USB-modems
- NEW: download (contains firmware version 396.11.133.04.112 14-JAN-2010, branded by DNA Finland, but unlocked)
- NEW: download (contains firmware version 396.11.147.05.111 6-JAN-2010, branded by ERA Poland, but unlocked)
- download (contains firmware version 396.11.16.06.109 22-JULY-2009, branded by DNA Finland, but unlocked)
- download (contains firmware version 396.11.00.09.108 01-JUNE-2009, unbranded and unlocked)
updating and unlocking
To unlock the Huawei D100/D100T follow these instructions:
- Download an update from above and extract it to your computer:
- Before flashing make sure your computer and the Huawei D100 won't lose power during the process as it could potentially brick your Huawei D100!
- Power on the Huawei D100 and connect it to computer through an Ethernet cable
- Launch FmcUpdate.exe from the extracted files
- Click the "Check" button to detect your Huawei D100 and shift it to update mode
- Click the "Upgrade" button to start the update
- Wait a couple minutes until the whole progress is accomplished
- After upgrade, disconnect the Ethernet cable and push the reset button of the Huawei D100 (in the lower right corner of the backside) or restore factory defaults in the webinterface (open http://192.168.1.1 in your browser and enter "admin" as default password, then go to Advanced Settings | System | Restore Defaults | Restore).
note: If you do not restore to factory defaults after the update, your USB modem won't be detected properly and the "Connection" page will say "The USB Modem is nonexistent"
- Connect your USB modem to the Huawei D100 port only when it's switched off!
- Turn-on the router and go to the GUI by opening http://192.168.1.1 in your browser and enter "admin" as password.
- To activate an access profile for your network operator, go to Advanced Settings | Dial Up Settings | Profile Settings and chose your provider from the Profile List. If your provider's settings are not included, just create a new profile by entering a Profile Name and all the other information required below and click on Save.
- Afterwards go to Advanced Settings | Dial Up Settings | PPP Settings and make sure the correct profile is chosen in the Profile List. If not, chose the correct one and hit Apply.
- Now your router is ready to share your broadband (remember that your USB modem must also be unlocked!).
- You might want to enable (really) secure WiFi-encryption under Advanced Settings | WLAN Settings | WLAN Advance Settings where you should set WPA-PSK|WPA2-PSK as Encryption Mode and TKIP+AES as WPA Encryption. Lastly enter the WPA Pre-Shared Key, which should be not too easy to guess and hit Apply.
manufacturer's product page: http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/productFeatures.do?pinfoId=1180&directoryId=2741&treeId=741
manufacturer's software download page: http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downLoadDetail.do?method=view&docTypeId=0¢erFlag=software&productId=1180&oneSelected=5&twoSelected=&thirdSelected=&softwareName=&docName=)
Latest page update: made by 4GLTEmall
, Feb 15 2013, 10:46 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by 4GLTEmall
2 words added
1 word deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Anonymous||Do you think it wil connect a wireless printer?||2||Jan 9 2014, 1:36 AM EST by rowly12|
Thread started: Jan 26 2010, 12:43 AM EST Watch
I bought an unlocked T-Mobile Share Dock 100 (the same as the Huawei D100 pictured at the top of this page) on eBay (UK) from a lady who obviously has a supply as she sells quite a few (I paid about £28). I followed the instructions on her listing page, and then changed the dial setting, after a few attempts all worked fine. I can now use my laptop wirelessly, and connect my iPod touch by wi-fi (great for walking about my appartment and using Skype app through my iPod).
Last week I bought a printer/scanner - HP F4580 - with wireless connectivity. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to link this to the Huawei router?
|pgrew||FMC Update of Huawei D100 fails with "Detect none router"||1||Mar 14 2012, 11:21 AM EDT by sadig41|
Thread started: Aug 26 2011, 11:30 AM EDT Watch
Sorry for refreshing this old issue, but I can't manage to update via the FMC Update tool still after reading all the other threads about it:
I have: tried several FMC tool versions, set my PCs IP to DHCP or something in the 192.168.1-range and reset the router to the 192.168.1.1, but still get the message "Detect none router": pushing the "Check"-button for minutes...
With another D100 I could manage to use the built-in web frontend for upgrade, but this other box says "Parse error" and something about wrong file name (most probably this router only accepts o2-branded firmware via the web GUI).
In case someone can tell me what I do wrong with the FMC Update tool, please help :-)
|aanani||how to restore the Admin password?||2||Aug 23 2011, 12:03 AM EDT by pgrew|
Thread started: Aug 10 2011, 6:30 AM EDT Watch
While updating, it sounds I did logout from the settings page, when I did retry to renter the settings page to modify the settings again - it doesn't accept the default "admin" password, how I can restore and/or change the default "admin" password? Pls help...
Showing 3 of 24 threads for this page - view all